Do you want to be a part of something new, exciting, challenging, and full of opportunity? Do you love Quality – Coffee – Fast?
Mission Brew Coffee is seeking a friendly Barista!
At Mission Brew Coffee, our passion is coffee! We strive to procure, brew and deliver the finest quality hand-crafted coffee beverages. Our baristas combine their knowledge and training to artfully produce every hand-crafted coffee beverage for our patrons to enjoy.
Our passion is coffee, but our focus is service. Mission Brew Coffee baristas greet every customer with a smile and genuinely strive to know their stories. We seek to give our customers a positive experience through the uplifting and energizing spirit found in our friendly baristas. We will foster a culture of service and giving by hosting regular community service projects and giving back to local neighborhoods in San Diego.
We have selected only the highest quality coffees to serve to our customers and have ensured that those coffees are also environmentally and socially conscious, sourced only from San Diego roasters. We invest time and effort training our baristas in their craft, always stressing customer service. We hope that the result is a customer experience that goes well beyond what can be found at other coffee establishments. The ideal barista candidate will wholeheartedly love our mission and passionately strive to uniquely contribute to it. We are only 2 years into this adventure so if you want the opportunity to grow with us then there may be a future for you at Mission Brew Coffee!
Whatcha Gonna Do?
- Brew Quality. Coffee. Fast.
- Greet customers with a smile, take their orders, and chat it up! Friendly and Outgoing Customer Service is a MUST!!!
- Serve and bless our customers and your co-workers with a positive and uplifting attitude.
- Clean! Yep – 75% of a barista’s job is cleaning up the mess we make brewing excellent coffee & espresso drinks. OK, I made up that percentage but it is a lot of cleaning so you better love to do it!
- Passionately support and promote our Mission as a team player! We never say, “That isn’t my job!” Instead, we accept challenging or menial tasks with a smile and a servant’s heart.
You Gotta Have Skills!
- Passion for coffee and making incredible specialty coffee drinks
- Outstanding Customer Service!
- Strong organizational & multi-tasking skills
- Clean freak – that’s right – you heard it again!
- Reliable, Trustworthy and Punctual
- Love what you do and give it your all everyday
- Previous experience working as a barista especially in specialty coffee – we have a La Marzocco GB/5 semi-automatic espresso machine – this isn’t Starbucks people! The coffee isn’t gonna brew itself!
- Coffee knowledge and a desire to share it!
Want to Land an Interview?
- Check us out – www.missionbrewcoffee.com
- Submit a tailored and descriptive cover letter telling us why you are a perfect fit based on the above requirements
- Submit resume and a few references, both personal and professional
- Submit a schedule of your availability to work & desired number of hours per week. We are looking for a barista to primarily cover closing shifts but the more availability you have the better.
Send all of the above as attached documents to firstname.lastname@example.org
Compensation will be highly competitive with equivalent positions and based upon experience and skills above.
Mission Brew Coffee address:
6845 University Ave. Bldg. D San Diego, CA 92115.
Barista Job Description (PDF)